Monday, September 25, 2006

Can you be too blessed?

Have you ever felt like you were too blessed and/or fortunate? Or maybe just felt a little guilty? I'm blogging this from my warm, comfortable bed with my laptop, browsing the Internet over my WiFi, high-speed connection...in my own house with two nice cars (and one rusty pickup) in the driveway. Michelle and I both have good jobs that we love, a large group of wonderful friends, and a terrific family (on both sides). We have a baby on the way that we can't wait to meet, and a church with a purpose we really believe in.

Living in this country, we are some of the most fortunate people in the world. We have freedoms and opportunities that most of us take for granted.

On top of all this, I am reminded of how much we are loved by those around us. We have had four baby showers thrown for us (with one more left to go), and the sheer amount of support shown by our friends and family has literally overwhelmed me. This baby already has more clothes than I do. He has more baby accessories than I even knew existed. I really do sometimes feel guilty for being so blessed by the folks in our lives. Is that wrong, or is that normal?

If you are reading this, you are probably a friend or a family member. I doubt anyone else would be reading this blog. All I can offer is my sincere thanks to you, and my continued amazement of all that God has blessed us with.

Don't take those things for granted.

1 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Pat Rutherford said...

Amen! God has definitely blessed us all. I just read Michelle's blog and cried, now I'm crying over yours. I love you both so much and am looking forward to that baby's birth, too!
I was just thinking about a girl that just started coming to our church who is in labor or has just given birth to her little baby that hasn't had a baby shower, doesn't have a crib or anything. We are all getting things together for her. We didn't know until today that she doesn't have anything, but she will before we get through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home