Monday, August 14, 2006

Always lock the door!

I attended the Willow Creek Church Leadership Conference this weekend, along with some other leaders from my church. I learned a lot, but I'm still processing some of the information. Some of it had a profound impact on me personally (like the interview with Bono), some of it was merely good.

But one thing I did learn that I can share: When you stay at a hotel, always lock the bathroom door.

I roomed with Jonathan and Matt A. On Friday morning, I was the last to get a shower. As I turned off the water and grabbed my towel, I heard Jonathan yell out that the cleaning lady was in the room. No problem, I had my clothes in the bathroom with me. Not two seconds later, she opens the door and walks right into the bathroom. There I am in all my naked glory, not quite sure what's going on. She freaks out and runs out of the bathroom (leaving the bathroom door open). I closed the door and LOCKED IT, then finished drying off.

Luckily the towel was positioned such that my wife doesn't have to be jealous of the cleaning lady, but it was still a bit embarrassing.

When I finally emerged from the bathroom with clothes on, the cleaning lady apologized profusely. Nevertheless, she kept cleaning...and it's kind of hard to shave with a strange woman who's seen you almost naked trying to stock towels next to you. Jonathan and Matt thought the whole scenario was hilarious, of course.

Later that night, we installed Warcraft III on all of our laptops, and since I just so happened to have a hub and extra network cables, we tried to hook up a mini-LAN party in our room. It didn't work, none of us could see each other's machines. We spent the rest of the evening all playing our own single-player games at the same time. Not exactly multi-player, but I think we got Matt hooked anyway.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Jonathan Conrad said...

(Still Laughing Out Loud)....Ah, good times. Good times. That poor cleaning lady. She had to leave the room for a few minutes. Don't worry...she was laughing at you...not with you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home