Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fencing, partying, and playing...

During a hurricane many moons ago, a few sections of our fence were knocked down. It seems that whoever built this fence used landscaping timbers for fence posts instead of pressure-treated wood! With all the clay around here holding moisture in the ground, it rotted out all of the posts at ground level.

We kept using the phrase "an angry toddler could knock down our fence". True, but I needed help to get it back up. Monday night (March 5th), we had a bunch of folks over to help me raise this fence. We had to excavate the rotted out sections left in the ground, dig new holes, drop in the posts and pour concrete to hold them.

In the process I managed to cut my cable (goodbye TV and Internet!) and get a nasty batch of poison oak on my arms and stomach. The cable was easy to fix, the poison oak rashes - not so much. It's been a week and a half, and I'm still itching like crazy. I finally broke down and let Michelle buy the $35 tube of Zanfel today which seems to work pretty well. We'll see.

After a few more hours working by myself that Friday night, I finally had all of the posts replaced and was ready to nail the fence sections back up.

The nighttime shots you are seeing are from that Friday evening.


The next day, we went to the Johnston boys birthday party where we ran into the Walworths and the Mitchells.



Fox seems to like crowds of people, and he really loved the swingset.

















Michelle decided to dress the boy like his father. I keep telling her he's not a dress-up doll...she never listens.














Saturday afternoon we went to Coosh's for the Crawfish Bawl...JB's Zydeco Zoo was playing, and we wanted to boogie with Fox. (He LOVES music with a really strong groove, and JB has that in spades.)





Michelle watches our friend Ethan on Wednesdays...this week he was being so nice to Fox, bringing him his Pooh Bear to play with.



I swear we have the happiest kid on the planet. Thankfully that whole colic thing didn't last too long...





And now I leave you with his "crazy eyes" face...

1 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Pat Rutherford said...

I absolutely love the pictures of you and Fox, Michelle and Fox and all the ones of Fox alone. That last one made me laugh. Ya'll do a great job of catching those perfect shots.
Glad you had help with the fence, but I hate that you got poisoned. I'll be praying for that rash to go away quickly. I love you,
MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home